What Should You Be Using In Your Skin Care Routine?
Take my quiz and get personalized recommendations from a
Top Bad Beauty Habits To Break Before The Holidays
The Holidays are just around the corner, which for many of us means family get togethers and pictures galore. This year don't wait until new years to say goodbye to your worst beauty habits! Get them going now and looking fabulous in time for the holidays and the new year! Are you ready for it?
BYE BYE BAD BEAUTY HABITS
1. ALWAYS WASH YOUR FACE AT NIGHT - my Beauty Mates know that I recommend washing twice at night. But I can still bet that many of you are guilty of going to sleep still wearing the days makeup look. This is a huge no-no. Not only does wearing your makeup to sleep clog your pores, it also infringes on precious recovery time for your skin - which does most of its recovery and rejuvination at night. You aren't just sleeping in your makeup, you are sleeping in excess dirt, oil, and free radicals that speed up the aging process and risk giving you some unsightly acne. Beyond that, it also build up on your pillow! Be sure to cleanse twice before going to bed for a true deep-clean and give your skin that precious time to breathe.
2. CLEAN YOUR MAKEUP BRUSHES - when I was younger I was quite guilty of leaving my makeup brushes uncleaned. After all, I figured since they only touch my face, it shouldn't be a problem. But much like anything else these accumulate oil and dirt that will only serve to clog your pores in the long run. Be sure to clean your makeup brushes, preferably once a week. Brush cleansers have made it so much easier to get this out of the way in a timely manner. I personally love Glo Minerals Brush Cleaner.
3. ALWAYS APPLY YOUR SPF - so many people are guilty of this absolute beauty no-go. And why? Because most people have not yet found a fabulous, non-greasy sunscreen that they feel comfortable using on their face. There are so many options out there. For everyday wear I choose tinted moisturizers over heavy foundation - leaving that for the more special occasions to allow my skin to breath on the regular. I wear Lucrece Tinted Moisturizer, but also absolutely love Suntegrity's *5-in1* BB Cream, Image Skincare's Prevention+ Tinted Moisturizer SPF 30, and Dermaquest's Stem Cell 3D Tinted SPF 30 Moisturizer. Also, there are some fabulous SPF-infused brushes that deliver coverage and protection, such as: La Bella Donna's Minerals On The Go, Colorscience's Sunforgetable Mineral Powder Brush SPF 50, and Eminence Organics Sun Defense Minerals.
4. DON'T FORGET YOUR HANDS AND NECK - most of us are absolutely guilty of just focusing on our face when it comes to skincare product. This is why the hands and neck are often a real giveaway of one's age. To avoid this be sure to extend your skincare product to these essential areas, or buy products specifically targeted to keeping these areas looking young and beautiful. I like to recommend Bioelements' V-Neck Smoothing Cream and Image Skincare's Ageless Total Rejuvenating Hand Cream.
5. STAY HYDRATED - many people don't realize how essential hydration is to your skin. When your body isn't hydrated, your skin isn't getting the hydration it needs. Simply as that. Drink plenty of water!