What Should You Be Using In Your Skin Care Routine?

Take my quiz and get personalized recommendations from a
licensed esthetician!

Skin Care Quiz

Menopause and Skincare: How to Find a Balance

During menopause, skin is forced to find a balance between breakouts and wrinkles. This battle makes it extremely hard to choose the appropriate treatments and products for your skin. Hormones can cause our skin to change drastically because of the surges of testosterone during menopause. When this happens, collagen and elastin are being broken down which leads to fine lines and wrinkles later in life. Menopause creates several changes for women including the way their skin looks and feels as well as hair and nail differences.

Don’t worry; there is still hope for beautiful skin. Did you know that there has been a ton of research and time put into helping women with their menopausal skin conditions? Try the recommended steps below to find a balance between menopause and skincare to reveal a new you!

1. Exercising regularly helps boost your blood circulation and delivers oxygen to your tissues. Women age 35 and older should exercise at least 20-30 minutes a day in order to feel the benefits and see a change in skin appearance.

2. Maintaining a healthy diet is a huge key to feeling great. As a rule of thumb, 30% of the calories people consume should be from carbohydrates such as fresh fruits and vegetables. The remaining 70% should include 40% of lean proteins and 30% of healthy fats.

3. Drinking 8 glasses of water per day helps to rid the body of unnecessary items. Water helps to keep skin healthy and glowing. For the best results, choose mineral waters.

4. Cleanse your skin regularly. Washing your face with the proper cleanser helps reduce clogged pores by removed skin debris.

5. Exfoliate removes dead skin cells from the top layer of skin to expose new, glowing skin. Exfoliating skin regularly polishes the skin and increases collagen production.

6. Skin treatments can help your skin dramatically and should always remain a part of your beauty and skincare routine. When going through menopause a good choice of skin treatment includes rich in antioxidant creams. Antioxidants promote anti-aging and protect your skin from a wide variety of conditions.

7. Moisturize your skin daily to reduce dry, flaky skin. Cleansing and exfoliating can leave your skin more dry than normal so it is crucial to follow up with a moisturizer that fits your skin type. Using a moisturizer will help reduce water loss and act as a sealant on your skin. Try using B.Kamins Menopause Skin Cream. This soothing and cooling cream will help to combat the significant changes associated with peri-menopausal, menopausal and hormone-deprived skin, such as hot flashes, dehydration, thinning skin, blemishes, loss of elasticity, skin itching, slower cell turnover, fine lines and wrinkles, and uneven, dull skin tone. It is a must have for menopausal skin!

8. Use sunscreen daily. Applying a broad-spectrum (UVA-UVB) sunscreen is important for all skincare routines. Some daily moisturizers have built in SPF properties. Choose one that works best for your skin needs.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

featured in
about me
woman owned small business

Are You Taking the Right Steps to Care for Your Skin?

Take the Quiz
side form

Skincare Secrets!

10-step guide for healthy, beautiful skin after kids.

100% privacy. I will never spam you!