What Should You Be Using In Your Skin Care Routine?
Take my quiz and get personalized recommendations from a
All About Oils: Argan Oil Spotlight
I love face oils! They are nourishing, luxurious, and often smell so good, which is why I have decided to dedicate a series of blog posts to discussing some of my favorite oils. Today, I want to talk about argan oil, which quickly became (and continues to be) one of the most talked about oils in the industry. This extraordinary oil, aptly nicknamed "liquid gold," has a number of uses and benefits, which has contributed to its wicked popularity amongst the masses. So, what can argan oil do for you?
The Many Benefits of Argan Oil
- Prevent Premature Aging - aging is a natural, and beautiful thing, but that does not prevent most of us from seeking out products that can help slow down the process. A huge component of slowing down the aging process (and prevent premature signs of aging) is ensuring that your skin gets the nourishment it needs. Argan oil is rich in fatty acids, which are fantastic for erasing and preventing signs of aging. With regular use, you can expect to see a reduction in fine lines and wrinkles, and better skin elasticity. This oil has also been said to help fade age spots - something that I have not personally tested.
- Environmental Protection - argan oil is rich with antioxidants, which are amazing at defending against environmental damage. It is said to be beneficial for healing UV damaged skin, but that does not mean you should be going without SPF (wear your sunscreen always). Using a product that will provide a barrier between free radicals and your skin is a must, an argan oil is a fantastic, natural way to achieve that barrier.
- Heal Your Skin - argan oil also happens to be rich in flavonoids, which act as an anti-inflammatory on the skin. What exactly does this mean? You can rub it onto skin for a mildly soothing experience! This is not to be confused with more targeted soothing treatments (like aloe vera), but rather it does a good job at lightly soothing irritation while delivering essential hydration.
- Smooth Hair - I actually first started using argan oil to enhance my hair hair and prevent split ends! Argan oil is fantastic at delivering moisture, and sealing it in to prevent breakage, flyaways, and so much more. If you want healthier, shinier, softer hair, I could not recommend argan oil enough.
- Healthy Nails - I am no stranger to nail breakage and dryness, which is why I always have some argan oil in my cabinet. Rich in Vitamin E, this oil delivers critical moisture to my cuticles and nails, while acting as an anti-bacertial and anti-inflammatory. I personally love using argan oil all over my hands for a dose of serious hydration.
What I Love
There are so many fabulous argan oils out there, but I have been personally loving 100% Pure's Organic Argan Oil for my face, neck and hands, and Agadir's Argan Oil Hair Treatment (which smells amazing) for my hair.
I want to know: what are your favorite ways to use argan oil, and why?