HydroPeptide Purifying Cleanser 6.76oz
Pure, Clear & Clean Clarifying Peptide, Salicylic + Mandelic Acid, Tea Tree Oil
Clarifying Peptide, Salicylic + Mandelic Acid, Tea Tree Oil - A purifying cleanser that draws out impurities, promotes rapid correction of imperfections and addresses the signs of aging with a blend of exfoliating salicylic and mandelic acids and a unique pore-cleansing peptide. Antioxidant-rich boswellia, chamomile and honey soothe and protect skin from over-dryness and irritation. Skin appears brighter and feels more evenly hydrated and refreshed.
- 2 Peptides including a Clearing Peptide and Preservative Peptide improve skin clarity - An antimicrobial peptide that causes lethal osmotic imbalance within acne bacteria while neutralizing pro-inflammatory bacterial components (by binding to LTA) and reducing redness. This peptide has been shown to exhibit excellent activity against p-acne bacterium alone but found to be more effective in combinations with low levels salicylic acid. This allows for an opening of pores to allow oxygen in while enabling oligopeptide-10 into the pores for maximum performance without irritation. A 0.5% combination of Oligopeptide-10 with 0.5% salicylic acid was shown to be 40% more effective in reduction in comedones, irritation, pustules and papules after 28 days than a leading benzoyl peroxide brand. 61% of panelist with moderate acne reported improvement with 6 days and 47% in 3 days. 75% of patients improved clinically while 85% noted complexion improvement.
- 0.5% Salicylic acid, used for its antioxidant and antiseptic benefits, is a lipophilic acid that can penetrate active acne lesions quickly and provide mild exfoliation to soften dead skin cells while reducing excess oil built up in the pores. Used to treat the appearance of dry damaged skin, reducing dry patches/flaking and restoring suppleness.
- Mandelic acid, an AHA derived from almonds with antibacterial properties and larger in size which allows it to penetrates dermis more slowly and uniformly, making it ideal for those with sensitive skin and pigmentation. Speeds skin cell turnover, sloughing dead cells and enhancing skin complexion and glow. More gentle for rosacea (or older skin) and shown to promote rejuvenation without skin irritation or erythema. Useful in suppressing pigmentation, treating inflammatory noncytic acne, and rejuvenating photoaged skin. Useful in prepping skin for laser peeling and in helping the skin heal after laser surgery. Treats Fitzpatrick types I though VI without any post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. Combination of mandelic with salicylic led to a significant improvement in acne reduction and more effective than glycolic alone.
- Tea tree, derived from the leaves of the Melaleuca tree, is shown to provide broad spectrum antimicrobial and especially active on the kind of bacteria involved in the development of acne, anti-inflammatory and topical anaesthetic. After 2 weeks of treatment, it produced a 30% reduction of pimples and reduced sebum up to 30% after 4 weeks.
- Bentonite, a superb mineral-rich clay derived from volcanic ash deposits in marine environments draw out skin impurities and toxins, as well as absorbs excess sebum and oil to prevent pore clogging make this a product a cleanser and mask in one!
- Artificial Fragrance
How to Use:
With damp hands apply a small amount to dry skin and gently massage using circular motions for 30 to 60 seconds. Rinse and pat dry. Use AM & PM.
Water, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Kaolin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Glycerin, PEG-150 Distearate, Decyl Glucoside, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Salicylic Acid, Menthyl Lactate, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate (Raphanus Sativus Root Extract) (Peptide Preservative), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Xanthan Gum, Bentonite (Cl77004), Mandelic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Butylene Glycol, Yeast Polysaccharides, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Honey (Mel) Extract, Boswellia Serrata Extract, Oligopeptide-10 (Clearing Peptide), Limonene