Epicuren Clarify Exfoliating Astringent
- Mildly exfoliating astringent that regulates oil production and helps refine pores.
- Spicy, cinnamon-like scent.
- Key Ingredients include: Salicyclic Acid, Glycerin, and Zinc PCA.
Epicuren Clarify Exfoliating Astringent gently scrubs away dirt and oil to reduce the appearance of blemishes, large pores and unevenness. Using natural, time-tested ingredients like salicylic acid and zinc PCA, this mild exfoliating astringent opens clogged pores and reduces their size to prevent clogging. The unique formula also works to regulate the skin's oil production, making it ideal for people with oily, blemish-prone skin. Because this astringent is made with salicylic acid, it is not recommended for people with aspirin allergies.
The Epicuren Clarifying Exfolaiting Astringent contains all the following ingredients that make it one of the most effective and reliable Epicuren products on the market:
- Salicylic Acid · A Beta Hydroxy Acid (oil and lipid soluble) unique in it’s ability to penetrate the follicle, dissolve oil, and dislodge excess dirt, debris, and bacteria that accumulate on the follicle wall, a major contributing factor to congestion and acne. Salicylic acid also exfoliates the skin, opens clogged pores, and then prevents them from clogging up again by constricting pore size. It is known to neutralize the acne causing bacteria, Propionibacterium (P Bacteria) while providing anti-inflammatory elements as well.
- Glycerin · A humectant that is highly "hygroscopic", meaning it attracts moisture to your skin. Studies have shown that glycerin helps to normalize cell proliferation and encourage skin cells to mature properly. When the skin lacks glycerol the cells do not mature properly, which is a major cause of hyper-proliferation (abnormal thickening of skin and/or increased production of skin cells).
- Zinc PCA · This zinc and salt compound (PCA, a salt naturally found in the NMF) inhibits bacterial growth and controls oil production by regulating the hormone that stimulates the sebaceous glands.
Epicuren is without a doubt one of the hottest skincare lines in the industry today. This brand constantly strives for perfection and innovation while seeking to evolve its products each and every year to bring you the best solutions to your skin care desires. Whether your looking for luxury, simplicity, or variety, Epicuren is sure to have it all!
To learn more about Epicuren as a brand, click here.
Salicylic Acid – is a Beta Hydroxy Acid that contains the ability to penetrate the follicle, dissolve oil, and remove excess dirt and bacteria that have accumulated. This buildup of bacteria and dirt is a major contributing factor that causes acne. Salicylic acid also opens pores, exfoliates the skin, and then prevents pores from clogging up again by constricting pore size.
Glycerin – is a humectant that is "hygroscopic", meaning that it attracts moisture to your skin. Glycerin helps to normalize cell proliferation and encourage skin cells to mature properly. Without glycerol, the cells will not mature properly, which can result in hyper-proliferation, or an abnormal thickening of the skin.
Zinc PCA - This is a zinc and salt compound, also known as PCA, that restricts bacterial growth and controls oil production by regulating the hormone that stimulates the sebaceous glands.
SD Alcohol (Ethyl Alcohol), Water (Aqua), Polysorbate-20, Salicylic Acid, Zinc PCA, Sodium Lactate, Propanediol, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber Fruit) Extract, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Cinnamomum Camphora (Camphor) Leaf Extract, Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate.