What Should You Be Using In Your Skin Care Routine?
Take my quiz and get personalized recommendations from a
Use Your Mind To Heal Your Body
The power of the mind can be used to heal the body. Feel the power of the mind over your body by following some basic tips.
- Relaxation reduces stress: Relaxation techniques such as meditation, yoga, and deep breathing will control the release of the stress hormones and reduce stress.
- Brain Exercise: Normally the brain shrinks as it ages, but in people who meditate, their attention areas were shown to be stronger.
- Immunity: Relaxation response helps to stabilize immunity without negative effects.
- Genes: In a study it was found that the genes that control stress behave stronger in people who meditate than in people who did not meditate.
There are various methods in which one can relax the mind and body. Try practicing yoga for depression, back pain, fertility issues, heart health, eating disorders, insomnia, joint pains and migraines. Meditation can help with eating disorders. Deep breathing will strengthen your heart and help with stomach problems. Qigong aids in curing high cholesterol, joint pains, immunity and depression. Other methods you can try are acupuncture, music therapy, chants and visualization.
When one knows the right posture, yoga can help reduce back pain. Yoga also decreases migraines and promotes better sleep. Yoga causes the brain to emit fewer pain chemicals, which will make you feel better. People who practice yoga tend to be less angry, anxious and depressed. Yoga makes a person love their own body and inner self, which can help with self-image issues and eating disorders.
Qigong, a Chinese yoga, helps in many ailments for our body. It can be done by lifting your hands. Try this at home: stand straight with feet apart with your knees slightly bent with your hands down. Now, inhale while lifting your hands to your chest. Exhale while bringing your hands down. Try to repeat this several times. Other positions I recommend you look up are the Universal Post and Triple Heater.
Visualization helps tremendously. When you imagine a serene atmosphere, the optic cortex is activated in the same way as if you were to really see the vision. This will lower your heart rate and relax your body and mind.
There are a number of roadblocks that can hold us back from finding our inner peace:
- No time: You may be very busy but you should make sure to set aside a few minutes a day for meditation.
- “I don’t know how to do it”: can be an excuse for never trying. Try to stay focused and repeat a mantra in your head for as many times you can.
- Restless: If you are restless, try walking and deep breathing. If you cannot sit still, practice other forms like tai chi or yoga.
Controlled breathing helps lower your blood pressure and reduces stress. Breathing exercises are extremely simple and need to be done correctly. Close your eyes and relax your shoulders. Inhale through your nose for six counts and make sure to expand your abdomen instead of the chest. Hold for four counts and exhale through mouth for six counts. Repeat this a few times.
The, “it is all in the head” saying is very true. Use the innate powers to heal yourself. Reiki, Acupuncture, chanting, gemstone therapy have been used by Hollywood stars to help heal them. Try it!