What Should You Be Using In Your Skin Care Routine?
Take my quiz and get personalized recommendations from a
Summertime 6 Foods To Keep Your Skin Glowing
Summertime is all about gorgeous glowing skin. And of course a skincare habit that helps your waistline doesn't hurt at all. This August in full swing, the sun is shining brighter and warmer than before and I want to share some of my favorite healthy snacks to keep your skin looking beautifully fresh. And yes, your body will thank you!
Summertime 6 Healthy Snacks
Fruit, Fruit, & More Fruit - Okay, I love fruit year round. It is delicious and sweet and much less guilt-inducing than a tub of ice cream or sorbet. So, what fruits to I recommend for the summer season? I love to load up on my strawberries in the summer. Why? Because they are very high in Vitamin C and antioxidants which only help beautify my skin. And in case you are wondering of ways to eat this delicious berry, I have a few suggestions:
- Try it on your salad - this makes for a refreshing treat.
- Add some balsamic and enjoy.
- If you must indulge try a lite cool whip for some summertime decadence.
My Strawberry Skincare Product Pick: Eminence Organics Strawberry Rhubarb Hyaluronic Serum.
Red Bell Peppers - If you are looking for a light, low-cal, high fiber snack that gives you glowing skin, I highly recommend red bell peppers. This crisp veggie (much like strawberries) packs a huge Vitamin C punch that helps to reverse the signs of aging and restore collagen. Some fun ways to eat this tasty treat are:
- Grill them! You can ad a pinch of salt and enjoy plain or with other veggies and meat.
- Go plain. Red Bell Peppers are incredibly flavorful.
- Dip them in hummus for a fun, but still healthy, twist.
Tomato - This delicious fruit (yes, tomatoes are fruit) is ultra rich in lycopene and beta-carotine, which boost your skin's ability to withstand sun damage and nourish the skin. Another extra added benefit is that they are high in Vitamin C! I love tomatoes and the fact that they are so versatile!
- Make a caprese salad using basil, tomato, mozzarella, and balsamic. For an even healthier treat swap the mozzarella for some avocado!
- Plain. This is especially good with cherry tomatoes.
- Add to your salad!
My Tomato Skincare Product Pick: iLike Organic Skin Care Tomato Suntan Lotion.
Avocado -Another incredibly versatile fruit is avocado, which happens to be very high in biotin. The benefits are fabulous, helping out with nourishing your skin, hair, and nails. I like to eat at least half an avocado a day, but of course it is always good to mix it up:
- Believe it or not, avocado tastes fabulous in smoothie form! I like to blend up Avocado, Banana, Greek Yogurt, Vanilla Almond Milk, and Honey for a delicious and healthy smoothie treat.
- Plain - or you can add cayenne pepper, lemon pepper, garlic powder, etc.
- In sandwiches.
- The opportunities are endless.
My Avocado Skincare Product Pick: Clayton Shagal Cucumber & Avocado Mask.
Pomegranate - This ultra-textured fruit delivers more than just sweet flavor. Pomegranate has been known to help create more collagen and speed up healing, thanks to its high antioxidant content. Though Pomegranate is a Fall fruit, you can sometimes find it in specialty stores. When all else fails, reach for a pomegranate juice - those are around yearlong!
- Add the kernels to your salad for a salty-sweet twist.
- Juice it or blend it, either way you will get a delicious, antioxidant-packed drink.
- Plain, of course!
My Pomegranate Skincare Product Pick: 100% Pure Pomegranate Moisturizer.
Walnuts - I have found that even those who don't generally like nuts enjoy eating walnuts in some way, shape, or form. This deliciously rich nut is packed with Omega-3 Fatty Acid that helps to add shine to your fair, and keeps your skin looking and feeling younger and smoother, longer.
- Walnuts are delicious all on their own, and a little goes a long way in terms of nutrients.
- Add them to your salad. They pair wonderfully with spinach, strawberries, and balsamic.
- You can use walnuts to crush any meat of your choosing! There are a plethora of fabulous recipes on Pinterest.