What Should You Be Using In Your Skin Care Routine?
Take my quiz and get personalized recommendations from a
What to Look for in a BB Cream
Picking Your BB Cream
- Try to use products that incorporate a broad-spectrum physical sun block. This means products that use zinc oxide at a high percentage . These products are generally lower in the "chemical" department and provide fabulous, natural sun protection for your skin.
- Products infused with hyaluronic acid are fabulous because they will help to moisturize your skin. Pair this with your physical block and you are well on your way to preventing and reversing the signs of aging! Jojoba Seed Oil is another fabulous ingredient, especially for dry skin types.
- I love antioxidant-infused anything, and of course there is no exception when it comes to BB Creams. There are a plethora of antioxidant-rich ingredients, such as Green Tea Extract, Pomegranate Extract, and more! Antioxidants are a fabulous way to protect your skin from free radical damage, and oftentimes infuse your skin with much-needed nutrients.
- Always choose lightweight, non-greasy formulas over thicker, oily products. If you have severely dry skin, you may be able to get away with the heavier stuff, but lets be honest, they usually tend to melt over the course of the day. I like lighter formulas, and I usually set them with my La Bella Donna Loose Minerals Foundation. Lightweight formulas often work well as a primer for your foundation!
- Avoid: parabens, phthalates, propylene glycol, chemical sunscreen, etc. The more things you can pronounce
, the better.
I am a huge BB/CC Cream lover! Some of my absolute favorites include: Suntegrity's 5-in-1 Natural Moisturizing Tinted Face Sunscreen SPF 30, La Bella Donna CC Cream, Alex Cosmetic Herbal BB Cream, and GM Collin Mineral BB Cream.