What Should You Be Using In Your Skin Care Routine?
Take my quiz and get personalized recommendations from a
Keep Your Favorite Jeans Forever!
We all have those favorite pair of jeans that we want to keep forever. If you really want them to last, learn how to take care of them before they turn into a shapeless piece of fabric. Denims can be preserved for a long time in their original shape and color if they are taken care of while washing and drying. Some ways in which you can make your denim last longer are to
- Washing jeans in cold water may spoil the color, to retain color, always wash in warm water.
- Turn your denim inside out before you was.. This way will help to preserve the color, especially if it is a dark shade of denim.
- Do not wash the denim frequently. Your jeans do not have to be washed after every wear. Wear them at least a couple of times before you put it in for a wash. In between your washes you can freshen up with a fabric freshener if you want.
- The darker hues in denim can pass on their colors to other fabrics when they are mixed together. To avoid this, add in about half a cup of white vinegar and a pinch of baking soda to your jeans when you wash them for the first time. This helps the color to stay on and set thus preventing it from spreading onto other things.
- Hang dry your denim rather than using the dryer. The dryer can break down the stretch fibers, fade the colors, and shrink the denim. You can also hang dry the denim and then put it in the dryer for about 10 minutes. This will tighten up the jeans and get them back to shape.
Follow these simple tips to prolong the life of your jeans. Just by washing and handling them the right way, you can have your favorite denim fitting you perfectly for a very long time!