What Should You Be Using In Your Skin Care Routine?
Take my quiz and get personalized recommendations from a
Hottest Spring 2011 Trends!
Do you have a hard time keeping up with the latest trends? Well, don’t you worry! I have found the latest spring celebrity trends so you won’t need too! These looks will keep you stylin’, fashion forward, and looking beautiful throughout the rest of this season.
- Glittering Eyes: Add a little glitter to your eyes to make them sparkle. This will also cure the tired eye syndrome, just don’t go overboard! To try out this fashionable look, use lash glue and glitter in the middle of your lash line. Try wetting a shadow brush to put on a glittering shadow if you cannot wear shimmering eye makeup at your work. This gives that extra nice sparkle to your eyes. Try the Colorescience Genie Shimmer Colores. My favorite sparkle is Sea of Love.
- Gel the hair: Let’s go back to the greaser days! Think the movie, “Grease!” Use a little gel or a styling cream at the crown of your head and comb the sides and top backwards. Do not apply on the length of the ponytail. The gel tames the frizz and gives a very chic look. After applying, set the style with a spray. To get this sleek look, try Agadir Volumizing Styling Mousse
- Chignons: This is another spring trend that looks sexy! You can keep it simple or add some gloss to it. Wear it low or high, it looks stylish all the same. Try piling it up and then roughing it. Try spraying a kabuki face powder brush (I use 100% Pure’s brush) with hair spray and use this to run over the hair bun back and forth. This will create fuzz, then blow dry the frizz up. A glossy mist also looks will help you great! I tried this look on a night out with my hubby and he loved it!
- Hair Accessories: Use some clips that blend well with your hair color. Huge, colorful clips or gold ones will help to accessorize your hair. Simply hold your ponytail in place with any cool accessory.
- Bright eyes: All the models are doing this trend this season. Line your eyes with bright colors and keep the dull black and browns away. Use a little concealer and powder on the lids before applying the color. Brighten up your eyes with colors like oranges and yellows. It may sound extreme a bit extreme, but trust me ladies when I say “it looks hot!” I went wild with bright yellow and it surprisingly wasn’t too shabby!
- Frizz it up: YES!!! FRIZZ IS IN!!! Add volume to your hair by spritzing a volumizer at the roots of damp hair. Blow dry and crimp section wise. Brush gently and tease hair a little for a bigger look. Pull the hair half up and use a hairspray to smooth the top. To achieve this I use the DermOrganic’s Firm Hold Volume Foam. I spray tons of this on my hair and I can fashionably get away with my frizz!
- Braid it: Braids are also in this season. For a new look, create four sections of your hair and tie each section with a long strip of cloth. Now braid each section, weaving with the fabric and finish by fastening with a band. Let the extra cloth hang out. Now tie up all the four braids together with another piece of cloth and pull it up through the center and lastly, pin it up. Try this new hairstyle for with a flower for a cute Hawaiian look (Thanks to my recent Kauai trip for this inspired look).
- Nude Nails: Leaving your nails nude is another interesting spring trend. It makes your hands look better and slimmer. This will help combat the swelling of your hands and feet in this warmer weather. Add a twist to the nude nails by adding a thin but bright stripe. Get this interesting look by dipping a thin brush (I use an eyeliner brush) in the nail shade and wipe the excess color on the bottle. Make a horizontal line across the top of the nails. You’ve achieved a new look with nude nails, you can’t go wrong!
- Matte Lips: Go for matte lips this season. Get this look by applying pink lipstick and dusting a bright blush or translucent powder over. Use a fluffy shadow brush for this. Try my ultimate favorite that I carry with me everywhere: Glo Minerals gloGloss in Peony
- Go Green: Green is definitely in this spring. Try different bright shades of green. The brightest color should be used near the lashes and should diffuse towards the brow. Add nude lips to really show off those green eyes!
- Retro Fashion: As far as clothes go, we are going back to the 70’s! Maxi skirts are hot with lace tops. Cute crochet and macramé will help to create this hippie looking trend.
- Bell-bottom and wide leg pants are in so forget about those extremely tight skinny jeans! Overall, 70’s bohemian and 70’s sophisticated glamour is going to keep you in style. Think high-waisted pants with elegant blouses by day and dresses that are long and flowing at night
- Footwear: For your cute feet, try wooden clogs. These are a lot more comfortable than heels and have impacted the 2011 trends.
With these tips, you will not only have cute clothes but a glamorous face as well. Follow and you will be the belle of the ball all Spring.