What Should You Be Using In Your Skin Care Routine?
Take my quiz and get personalized recommendations from a
Healthy Snacks: The Best Foods for Deep Sleep
Insomniacs, here is a list of the best foods available for inducing a deep sound sleep:
1. Chamomile Tea: Chamomile is a herb that is used in making tea. This tea helps to soothe your nerves and bring about a sense of relaxation. The intake of warm tea before bed time will you help you to sleep better.
2. Honey: Drizzling some honey on your food or drinks instead of using sugar, will aid in keeping a check on the production of Orexin. Orexin is a neurotransmitter that helps to keep you awake.
3. Non-fat popcorn: Non-fat popcorn contains carbohydrates which help to bring acid into our brains. This is used to produce more serotonin, which is a sleep inducing neurotransmitter. A non-fat or low calorie popcorn is a great healthy option for a snack before bed that you won’t feel guilty about eating later!
4. Chick peas: Chick peas are rich in vitamin B6 and fiber. Vitamin B6 is great for your mind, body, and skin. Include chick peas in your diet by adding them to your salad or soups.
5. Halibut: Halibut is full vitamin B6 and tryptophan. These are key ingredients that have been proven to help you sleep. Other foods that contain tryptophan are yogurt, nuts, soybeans, cheese, milk, eggs and beef.
6. Dried Tart Cherries: Dried Tart Cherries are a good source of vitamins. It is also one of the few foods that contain melatonin, again, which induces sleep. Other than this, cherries are full of antioxidants. You can sleep better and look younger by consuming cherries!
These sleep inducing foods have natural properties that help in relaxing your body and mind. They have a calming effect which will help you to fall asleep faster, and more importantly, help you stay asleep through the night. Try to avoid the intake of spicy food, stimulating foods, caffeinated beverages, heavy meals, sugar and soy products before bed.