What Should You Be Using In Your Skin Care Routine?
Take my quiz and get personalized recommendations from a
Foods To Get Rid Of Acne
Nearly everyone has some form of acne and it always seems you breakout right before something important! Did you know that eating and drinking habits play a huge part in our skincare, specifically rela
ted to acne? Also, you can use foods as effective skin products. To avoid acne and to prevent breakouts, here are some tips:
Include the following foods and drinks in your diet for a healthier skin:
- Green Tea: Green tea is rich in anti oxidants and has catechins, an anti inflammatory chemical. By drinking green tea, you are preventing acne breakouts. Green tea also helps in getting rid of redness and puffiness as well as numerous other health benefits. Try it as a less caffeinated morning pick me up instead of coffee.
- Water: Water is the most important thing required by our body to stay hydrated and keep the skin healthy. Water helps to flush out of the body toxins that cause acne. Drink plenty of water to keep the skin glowing and radiant and to avoid skin problems. Drink about 8-10 glasses a day if you can! This will also boost your interior: your immune system.
- Milk: Our body needs vitamin D and vitamin A for maintaining a healthy skin. These vitamins are easily obtained in your diet from cow’s milk. Besides being as source of vitamins, milk also provides us with great amounts of calcium. Drink your glass of milk every day. If you are lactose and tolerant, make sure to take the required supplements for a healthy diet.
- Natto: Natto is a Japanese food that effectively helps soothe the skin. One may not enjoy the taste (it’s made of fermented soybeans), but the results on your skin may be worth it!
- Whole Grains: Whole grains like cereals, pastas and bread contain the chemical selenium which aids in preventing acne and clearing up the skin.
- Olive Oil: Olive oil helps to nourish the skin with the fatty acids it contains. Use olive oil in your food to help clear out acne.
- Berries: Fresh berries such as blueberries, raspberries or blackberries are rich in anti oxidants. Also, these berries contain beta-carotene, a phytochemical that heals the skin. These are especially tasty ways to have better skin.
Apply the following on your skin for a healthier skin:
Oatmeal: Make an oatmeal paste and apply the paste on skin. This will help to dry out the acne causing oil and provide soothing sensation on the irritated skin. Make a batch of oatmeal for breakfast like I do, then use the rest for your face!
- Yogurt: Yogurt contains vitamin A, which will aid in healing acne and preventing breakouts. Apply cold, plain yogurt to your skin and leave it on for a few minutes. Then rinse and dry skin the skin thoroughly.
- Watermelon: Use the watermelon rind to gently rub on your face. The rind contains vitamins and anti oxidants which are beneficial to soothing your skin. This will aid in healing and smoothing of the skin.
- Lemon: Squeeze some fresh lemon juice and mix one teaspoon of granulated sugar. Rub this delicious mixture gently on your damp skin. This treatment helps to fight acne and will fade scars. Do not apply lemon juice near the eye as it is a sensitive area and it is advisable to test this mixture on your inner arm before applying on face for any reaction.
- Apricot: Apricot is beneficial for skin, so use scrubs and products containing apricot.
- Walnut: Walnut shells can be ground and used as an exfoliant. They help to clear up acne, containing omega-3 oils and soothing chemicals.
Use these above tips for a clear and healthy skin. Avoid coffee and sodas, which contain caffeine. Eat healthy foods which help in clearing out acne and avoid the greasy.
Hey Ryan, did the process work ?! I’m 15 and I know that right now, you may be in your 20’s but coming from a teen did u try these out and how long did I take you to treat your acne ??
hi my name is ryan i am 14 i really hope these thing work. :)