What Should You Be Using In Your Skin Care Routine?
Take my quiz and get personalized recommendations from a
Fighting Cancer: Oncologist Approved Skincare
Health truly is the greatest gift, but how many of you are dealing with, or know someone dealing with cancer? There are so many people fighting this disease each and everyday--trying their very best to get better, no matter how difficult the path to recovery. But today is not about feeling sad, it is about seeing the positive, even in situations that appear negative!
Many of you who know people dealing with cancer, or are dealing with cancer yourselves, know that certain ingredients have to be avoided to optimize treatment—and those chemicals and ingredients can be found in your skincare products as well! But there is good news at the end of this tunnel—one of my favorite skincare brands, Rhonda Allison, carries products that are selectively approved by Oncologists for use during chemotherapy!
It is my absolute pleasure to bring you skincare tips and products that have been specifically cultivated for those dealing with cancer! So without further ado… Enjoy!
TIPS. TIPS. TIPS.
- Use very gentle face treatments!
- Use gentle cleansers—I recommend Rhonda Allison’s Gentle Milk Cleanser or the Citrus Gel Cleanser, both are revitalizing and refreshing!
- Absolutely always wear sun protection—Oncology approved selections include: Rhonda Allison’s Daytime Defense and eZinc!
- When it comes to makeup, try mineral makeups—they enhance protection and improve your appearance, all while giving you coverage and color!
- Select products that do not contain any dyes or fragrances, and that feature clean preservative systems!
- Things that should be avoided include: acidic or alkaline cleansing products, alcohols, fabric softeners, Retin-A and Retinol-based products such as Benzyl Peroxide and many other topical acne preparations, astringents, perfumes and colognes, any and all products containing sodium lauryl sulfate, products containing metals, AHAs, Salicylic Acid, and other peeling agents, microdermabrasion and other skin resurfacing products, ginseng, menthol, tea tree, camphor, eucalyptus, wintergreen, and other stimulating botanicals, and lastly, exfoliating or abrasive products and devices. I know this may seem difficult—which is why I am so happy Rhonda Allison has come out with products that are sans ALL of the ingredients and chemicals chemo patients must avoid.
ONCOLOGIST APPROVED RHONDA ALLISON PRODUCTS
For those of you thinking it is seriously difficult and unfair that there are not more product lines listing oncology-approved products, do not fret. Cancer or no cancer—Rhonda Allison is one of my absolute favorite brands, and a definite frontrunner in the world of natural and organic skincare! Are you ready for some fabulous products? Good!
- Rhonda Allison’s Arnica Therapy is a wonderful tool for eliminating bruising, inflammation, and tenderness!
- Are you looking for promoted healing, moisture, and soothing benefits? Then I recommend Rhonda Allison’s Drop of Essence!
- Vitamin K assists healing eruptions that can occur—and can be found in abundance in the Hydra Complex Serum!
- Post Balm & Pro Salve for Burned Skin works to soothe skin, aids in the healing process, and keeps your skin occluded—definitely a good arsenal to have.
- Seeking antioxidant support? Try Therapy E Serum!
- Another great antioxidant-infused product is Rhonda Allison’s Pumpkin E Serum—which also aids in tissue respiration!
- It is super important for chemotherapy patients to keep their skin moisturized as much as possible—which is why I am so happy that Rhonda Allison’s Cucumber Spritz is oncologist approved—hydrating and refreshing, this product adds water to skin tissue.
- Another product that helps moisturize and increase water content is Rhonda Allison’s Hyaluronic Serum.
- Do you want a soothing treatment that feels great and improves redness? Then I prescribe RA’s Milk Mask! Sit back, relax, and enjoy as this product reduces redness!
- The Grape Seed Parfait Mask is another great soothing product—with the added benefit of antioxidants!
- If you are dealing with inflammation and are in need of some mild anti-bacterial soothing, try Rhonda’s Rosacea Serum!
- I know some of you are missing your exfoliants—try the Citrus Gel Cleanser instead! This Gentle Milk Cleanser uses clarifying beads to gently buff away dead skins cells, leaving your skin renewed and refreshed.
- As for lotions, I absolutely love Rhonda Allison’s Purifying Lotion, which works to balance the skin with delicious antioxidants. Of course, I am so excited to see that this product is Oncologist approved!
- Another exfoliant making the list is Rhonda Allison’s Clarifying Beads—giving you gentle buffing and cleansing!
- The Ultra Hydration Cream is another fabulous moisturizing product—with water binding properties and moisture balancing retention!
- If you are seeking soothing, nourishing moisture that relieves inflammation, I recommend RA’s Moisture Au Lait!
- And of course, as mentioned before, be sure to mask your precious skin in sunscreen—Daytime Defense SPF30 and eZinc are definitely fantastic picks!
WHY DO CHEMO PATIENTS NEED ALTERNATIVE SKINCARE?
I know that many of you are asking this question—and I want to answer it! Chemotherapy can destroy platelet-forming cells in bone marrow, and platelets are what form clots that stop internal bleeding. This means that even the slightest trauma can provoke bruising that could take months to heal. It is important to use products with ingredients that will not contribute to any trauma, and instead replace former products with others that are either neutral, or infused with Vitamin K and Arnica for soothing, healing relief!
It is important to stay positive for yourself and your loved ones—and of course feeling good is a huge part of the process. Treat yourself, take care of yourself, and keep fighting the good fight. I can think of no better gift than being healthy, and having the people I love healthy as well.