What Should You Be Using In Your Skin Care Routine?
Take my quiz and get personalized recommendations from a
Berry Good: Alana's Raspberry Feature in American Spa Magazine
July is finally here, and I am certainly filled with excitement as I was bestowed the honor of speaking about the benefits of raspberries in American Spa's July 2013 edition. I have been a long-time fan of the benefits of raspberries, but of course many of my readers are surprised to find out that this small, everyday berry could deliver such fabulous results. SO, with that I'd like to share with my Beauty Mates on here why I love raspberries, and why you might too! Much of what I will share with you comes from top skincare professionals, including myself. Enjoy!
Berry Tasty & Fabulous
- I don't know about you but I absolutely love the way raspberries taste!
- “Raspberries are high in unsaturated fatty acid and vitamins... The oil replenishes the skin’s hydrolipid mantle and soothes rough patches while also providing antioxidant protection.” -Jaime Olander, esthetics specialist for Dr. Hauschka Skin Care
- Rhonda Allison enjoys using raspberries in many of her products for their antioxidant power and astringent properties.
- I personally enjoy using Rhonda Allison's Raspberry lotion, not only on myself but on many of my clients here in my day spa, Spa Alana! The lotion is essentially a toner for acne-prone skin. Raspberries contain drying properties that are really great at absorbing excess oil. And lets face it, a lot of us are combatting excess oils, especially in the summer!
- Raspberries help fight against free radicals, helping repair skin cells that have been broken down by smoking, pollution, and exposure to radiation and chemicals.
- They are ranked with one of the highest Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacities (ORAC), the unit by which antioxidants are measured, and are full of nutrients and mineral - meaning they are powerful and effective.
- “Raspberries also contain high levels of tannins and quercetin, which are great for reducing redness and minimizing large pores.” -Stephanie Baresh, marketing director for Éminence Organic Skin Care
- Lastly, raspberries smell delicious, naturally. Which I personally love in my skincare. No artificial fragrance usually translate to less likelihood of a negative reaction, so it is generally safe for people with sensitive skin.
All in all I am a huge fan of raspberry-infused products. I feel as though they have been instrumental in my fight against aging. Some of my favorites include: Rhonda Allison's Raspberry Lotion, Éminence Organics' Raspberry Pore Refining Masque, Éminence Organics' Raspberry Eye Masque, and 100% Pure's Raspberry Body Scrub.