Dark circles are a pain to treat. Bottom line. After a long night, all you want to do is rewind the clock and hide the evidence. According to Jan Marini, dark circles are essentially blood showing through the skin. The prime causes are thin undereye skin, inflammation, allergies, heredity, stress, smoking, and nasal congestion. Here are some top solutions:
Home Remedies For Dark Circles:
1. Close your eyes and cover your eyelids with slices of raw potato or cucumber for 15-20 minutes.
2. Take a used, cooled tea bag (black, green or white) and apply it to the skin under your eyes for 10 minutes. Herbal tea bags aren’t recommended, except for chamomile. Chamomile tea bags can help reduce dark circles and puffiness because of its anti-inflammatory properties.
3. Drink more water. It will cleanse your body of impurities, which can contribute to dark circles.
5. Avoid alcohol and caffeine. I know, it’s the worst news. Though they may perk you up in the short-term, caffeine and alcohol can cause mild dehydration, making dark circles more obvious.
6. Cut back on salt to reduce the tendency to retain excess water. Retaining body fluid can cause puffy looking skin.
Products For Dark Circles:
1. Factor A Eyes for Dark Circles ($78). My personal fav. FYI- the more specifically the product the better results.)
2. Eminence Organics Raspberry Eye Masque ($64) An at home treatment you do about 2-3x a week.
3. Epicuren Eye Alive Serum. Fights all the common causes of dark circles with marine cartilage extract.
4. iS Clinical C Eye Advance + .5oz ($56). Combines L-Ascorbic Acid and Copper Tripeptide to brighten dark circles and reduce puffiness.
5. Skin lighteners or bleaching agents help lighten dark circles from too much melanin. Creams containing lightening agents such as retinol, hydroquinone, kojic acid, green tea, vitamin C, or soy can be helpful.
6. Injectable fillers administered by a dermatologist may help if your dark circles are due to broken blood vessels or fat loss.
7. Go a shade lighter in your concealer. A concealer one shade lighter than your skin tone can help disguise your late night. For more on eyes, click here.
There’s nothing better than looking fresh and bright-eyed. Pull off the best April Fool’s joke with these tips and products!