What’s hot this spring? To sum it up- it’s all about a good mix of color! Pair a bright color with a pastel, a shiny with matte, or two shades of the same color. Bring spring into your makeup and clothing with these simple tips. You’ll be right in step with the ladies at Fashion Week!
HOT THIS SPRING IN MAKEUP
1. Grooming Advice. Large eyebrows are hot this spring! Avoid over plucking yours to be right on trend. (Still keep them maintained… it’s not Woodstock people)
2. Healthy, dewy skin is hot this spring. Opt for a tinted moisturizer over the matte finish of a powdered foundation. Image Skincare Daily Defense Tinted Moisturizer is great for every day, year-round.
3. POP THE COLOR! Color is everywhere this spring. Don’t leave the house without a bright orange, magenta, sage green or lavender on your eyes or lips. Do choose just one! Bright red lips are sticking around as well. They aren’t just for the holidays, anymore! Feel free to sport them right into summer this year. YoungBlood Lipstick ($19) in Tangelo is my fav for spring 2012! If you are going for eyes, may I suggest La Bella Donna Compressed Mineral Eye Shadow ($20) in Grapavine?
4. Speaking of color…. pastels are hot this year. Read here for how to apply frosty pastels. You’ll look as fresh as the flowers!
5. Play with textures. Try mattifying the skin then applying a hint of shine in all of the right place, like cheekbones, bridge of nose and lid of the eye.
Hot this Spring IN Clothing
2. Color Blocking. Color blocking is when your outfit consists of two very distinct solids. Not sure how to pair it? Already color blocked dresses and tops are out and available to you and me! Yay!
3. Sophisticated Neon. This is not your average 80’s throw back. Spring 2012 neon has a glamorous edge to it because it’s often paired with a metallic accessory.
I’m in love with the color palettes and excited to go for it! Be a little daring and try out a color you’d never try before!