Didn’t get enough sun this weekend? Correctly applied bronzer can give you the stunning glow you’re looking for! Example- Lauren Conrad. Apply it the wrong way and you can end up with a muddy mess. Example- Lindsay Lohan. Most women apply it like they apply their blush. I’ve taken the guess work out with my 3 steps for applying bronzer like a pro.
Start with a powder bronzer like 100% Pure Cocoa Pigmented Bronzer ($25). They blend easily and look natural on everyone when applied correctly.
A good rule of thumb is to choose a color one or two shades darker than your current complexion. You may find that you need a lighter shade in June than you do in August. If you use one that is too dark, you will actually look dirty. No good.
- Women with fair skin, blonde or red hair and blue or green eyes should use a sheer, slightly rose or peach color. Try Glo Minerals Shimmer Brick in Luster ($32.50).
- For women with olive skin, a sheer copper or earth-color is ideal. DermaMinerals Pressed Bronzing Powder ($26) is a great place to start.
- Dark brown skin with either warm or blue undertones works well with a rich, chocolaty-brown color with subtle shimmer like 100% Pure Cocoa Pigmented Bronzer in Cinnamon.
Swirl a medium-sized round brush over the product and shake off any excess on the back of your hand. Dust on the areas of your face where the sun naturally hits.
- across the forehead near the hairline
- across the apples of the cheeks
- bridge of the nose
- beneath the jaw line
You can see why choosing the right color that isn’t too dark is essential! It can go really wrong, really quick.
Here’s my favorite new find for the summer: when or if you already have some natural tan or glow, try swapping your bronzer for a blush set in apricot, peach and pink. It gives your face an instant young and fresh look! I promise, it will brighten up your tan with a pop! Lately, I’ve been obsessed with Glo Minerals Blush in Spice Berry!
I hope you had a great Memorial Day Weekend! Jared and I spent the day eating BBQ and watching our son learn to ride a bike! We are so grateful for the men and women who serve our country so we can enjoy a safe and blessed life!